Do you have the iPhone 14 Pro or Pro Max and want to get the most out of the always-on display? Then you’re in luck! iOS 16.4 and later have given users the ability to automate their iPhones always-on display with Focus Filters, so you can save battery while still keeping the always-on feature enabled. In this article, we’ll show you how to do it.
Before we show you how to automate your always-on display, make sure that you haveiOS 16.4 or later on your iPhone. If you haven’t done so already, check out our guide for how to install the free beta. Once you’ve done so, you’ll be ready to start automating your always-on display.
In order to help you get the most out of the always-on display, we’ll show you the simple steps to automate it with Focus Filters:
1. Open the Settings app on your iPhone 14 Pro/Pro Max
2. Choose Focus > pick an existing Focus or create a new one
3. Swipe down and under Focus Filters tap Add Filter
4. At the bottom choose the new “Always On Display”
5. The default will be to turn it on, tap Add in the top right corner
6. To automate this, make sure you have either Smart Activation on or a schedule set for the Focus you’ve added always-on to (just above Focus Filters)
• You can also tie the always-on on/off filter to different Lock Screens by linking them with a Focus mode (long-press on your Lock Screen > tap Focus)
• Jump into another Focus mode and set always-on to off to automate the feature
That’s it! You now have the ability to automate your always-on display and make the most out of this feature. By automating it, you can save battery and still make use of your phone whenever you need it without straining the battery.
If you have any questions about automating your iPhone’s always-on display with Focus Filters, feel free to ask in the comments section below. We’ll be here to assist you and make sure you get the most out of your iPhone 14 Pro or Pro Max.
Another great feature you should take advantage of is iOS betas. If you want to get access to iOS betas and take advantage of the latest and greatest features, then you should know that you can easily enable it right from the Settings app with version 16.4 and later. We have a great guide with all the steps you need to take in order to do it.
If you want to learn more about the features on your iPhone 14 Pro or Pro Max, then check out our other tutorials about the best phone carriers, how to use your iMac as a monitor, and more. We’ve got you covered with everything you need to know!
Are you excited to start automating your always-on display? Share your thoughts in the comments below! We’d love to hear from you.